Monday, April 18, 2011

Quick update/ announcement/ whatchamacallit

For the next few days, I am going to be hardcore working on a teen/young adult fiction challenge for work. The goal is to read a ton of YA fiction to better understand what our teen readers want, and to be able to recommend the right books to the right readers. And since we no longer have a teen librarian at the library due to budget cuts, a group of us have taken it upon ourselves to step up to the plate.

The challenge ends April 29th (ish), but I don't want to leave my To Be Reviewed books alone for that long - so I'll be taking just the next few days to read through some of the eight (or nine, can't remember) YA books that I have checked out for the challenge. Some I might review, or I might just post a couple updates with mini-reviews, talking about a specific thing I liked, whatever catches my fancy.

If you follow me on goodreads (find me here), you'll be able to track my progress - I plan to update it regularly with what I'm reading, where I am, etc, so I can keep good records for the challenge.

No worries, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled reviews in no time - and be sure to check back tomorrow, I have a giveaway for two copies of "Beloved of the Fallen" by Savannah Kline!

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda ~!~

No comments: