Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Whatcha Got Wednesday #21

You only have today and tomorrow to enter my contest for a print copy of "Insight" by Jamie Magee! Go HERE to enter!
And you have until thursday of next week to enter my contest to win one of THREE copies of "Night and Chaos" by Naomi Clark! Go HERE to enter!

So! For me this week - I only got three books, but they were all for review. Two for Romance Reviews Today, and one for my blog.

"Karma" by Cathy Ostlere. This book... is written IN VERSE. Really. It kind of threw me for a loop when I got it, I have never read something like this. And it's young adult, even! I had to read it almost right away (because it's due like, now), so I've already finished it and sent my review out to my critique group. It was good, but I'm not sure I'd want to let a younger audience read it, even if it says for ages 12 and up.











And now "Hard Bitten" by Chloe Neill. I've heard a lot of great things about this series. I'm a little nervous about starting it at book four, but I'm sure it'll be fine (eep). And look how pretty the cover is! Alas, mine doesn't have a cover like that, instead I have the usual plain ARC cover. This one will be reviewed next month, so look for that in one of the April RRT updates!






And last but not least "Harvest Moon" by T.M. Marie. This author contacted me and requested a review, and I was intrigued enough by the storyline to say yes. So, once again.. I finally get through some review books, and my list is right back up where it was. Ahh, the life of a reviewer.. it's tough!



So, that's all I have for now. Again, please check out my contests (links above). And tune back in tomorrow for another review... I hope. I've been cast in a musical, so my free time is starting to dwindle.

That's right! I'm in "Urinetown, The Musical" as a rebel/chorus member. I love this show. Funny, with some great songs. And since I'm singing again (really, it's been years) it's making me miss music. Oh, I listen to it all the time, but it's not the same as playing it. Yep, I used to play guitar, violin, saxophone, piano.. and sing. So last night I picked up my guitar and start re-learning some notes and chords, and even picked up my Irish tin whistle (that I got IN IRELAND!) and played a few songs. It must be the nice weather that has me all in a tizzy.

Whoa, too much there? Sorry to throw that all out there. Anyways, have a wonderful Wednesday, and please feel free to share any books you received or books you're excited about! =)

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda ~!~

No comments: